Details About Our Expert Matching Service
SciLine connects journalists with credible, articulate scientists — on deadline and for free.
We welcome deadline requests from professional journalists covering science-related issues for news outlets that primarily serve a U.S. audience. Our services are available to reporters on any beat, including those who cover science, health, or the environment, as well as other beats not overtly “about” science but for which scientific evidence is relevant and informative. We focus in particular on helping local and general assignment reporters who only periodically cover scientific topics and who may most need assistance finding credible sources.
Currently, we are unable assist on:
- Stories intended for audiences outside the United States
- School assignments and stories for on-campus publications
- Content for marketing or advocacy
- Pitches and stories “on spec”
- Long-form documentaries and films
- Fact-checking and accuracy-review requests
- Any request that, in SciLine’s judgement, does not align with journalistic standards of fairness and accuracy
SciLine strives to increase the diversity of scientific voices in journalism. Toward that end, SciLine is always seeking scientists of diverse backgrounds — including gender, race and ethnicity, geographic location, level of postgraduate seniority, and other factors — for inclusion among the experts we recommend to journalists.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.